Terms And Conditions
Terms And Conditions
Before booking a quote with Plaza Removals, make sure that you agree to all the terms and conditions. It would be an agreement between ( us, our, we) and clients or customers. So make sure you oblige all the terms and conditions. These Terms are in addition to, and not instead of, any other conditions outlined on the Website or agreement(s) Plaza Removals may enter into with any user.
- You can cancel your booking free of charge up to 7 days before your moving-out date. More short-term cancellations make our logistics difficult so a processing fee will be deducted from your refund.
- We reserve the right to cancel your booking and refund you anytime. We may cancel your booking in advance or when we reach the moving-out location. In the latter
- case, charges for our team’s time and transit to your location may be applied.
- You acknowledge and agree that all information You provide to the Company is true and accurate to the best of Your knowledge, information, and belief.
- The Company provides a quoted rate and will plan and prepare for Your move based on the time you reserve and the information You provide
- You agree to pay the charges set out in the Quote in full before shipment or removal of the Consignment unless otherwise agreed in writing by both of us.
- The charge for door-to-door removal and the conditions shall be specified in the individual Quotation. It covers dismantling, packing, and loading at the agreed origin point, carriage to the destination, unloading, unpacking, and reassembling. Unless otherwise stated, our Quotation does not include insurance, customs duties, port charges including ( but not limited to) demurrage, inspections, any fees, or taxes payable to government bodies or agencies.
- At your request, the Services are carried out on a Saturday, Sunday, or Public Holiday or outside regular working hours (08.00-18.00hrs).
- We must collect or deliver goods at your request above the ground floor and first upper floor.
Unless Expressly Agreed by Us in Our Quote, We Will Not:
Dismantle or assemble unit or system furniture (flat-pack), fitments, or fittings. Disconnect, re-connect, dismantle, or reassemble appliances, fixtures, fittings, or equipment. Take up or lay fitted floor coverings. Move items from a loft unless adequately lit, floored, and safe access is provided. Move or store any items excluded under Clause. Our staff are not authorized or qualified to carry out such work. We recommend you employ a suitably qualified persons separately for these services.
Responsibility at Your End
- You must provide a correct and up-to-date address and telephone number and notify Us if it changes.
- Arrange insurance coverage for the goods submitted for removal, transit, and storage against all insurable risks. Our liability is limited under the clauses.
- We shall be pleased to arrange cover with our insurance company on receipt of a completed insurance valuation form and written instructions to insure. The cover is not adequate until the premium has been paid to us.
- At Your own expense, obtain all documents, permits, permissions, licenses, and customs documents necessary for the removal to be completed.
- Be present or represented throughout the collection and delivery of the removal.
- Where We provide You with inventories, receipts, waybills, job sheets, or other relevant documents, You will ensure that you or Your authorized representative sign them as confirmation of collection or delivery of the Goods.
The Condition Upon Postponement and Cancellation
- If You postpone or cancel this Agreement, We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable postponement or cancellation fee according to how much notice.
- More than 10 working days before the removal was due to start: No charge. Less than 5 working days before the removal was due to start: not more than 60% of the removal charge.
- On the day the work starts or at any time after the work commences, up to 100%
- Our Right to Hold the Goods (lien) “Lien” is the legal right of the remover to hold goods until the customer has paid all outstanding charges.
- We shall have a right to withhold and ultimately dispose of some or all of the goods if You fail to pay the charges and any other payments due under this or any other Agreement.
- These include any charges that We have paid out on Your behalf.
- While We hold the goods, You will be liable to pay all storage and other costs (including legal fees) reasonably incurred by Us in recovering Our charges and applying Our right of lien.
- If You fail to pay all outstanding amounts due to Us, We may sell or dispose of some or all of the goods without further notice.
- We reserve the right to subcontract some or all of the work.
- If We sub-contract, then these conditions will still apply. In addition, you agree to the terms and conditions set issued by other carriers and organizations involved, which we accept as your agent.
- Unless it has been specifically agreed otherwise in writing in our Quotation, other space/volume/capacity on Our vehicles and the container may be utilized for consignments of different customers.
- Advice and information for International Removals Information on national or regional laws and regulations, which are subject to change and interpretation at any time, is provided in good faith and based on existing known circumstances.
- You are responsible for seeking appropriate advice to verify the accuracy of any information provided.
- List of goods (inventory) or receipt Where we produce a list of Your goods (inventory) or a receipt and send it to You, it will be accepted as accurate unless You write to us within five days of the date of our sending, or a reasonable period agreed between us, notifying Us of any errors or omissions.
Insurance & Loss/Damage to Property
- Plaza Removals has Goods in Transit insurance as well as Public Liability Insurance. Your goods are covered under our insurance if our removalists are negligent.
- For instances when our removalists are not negligent, insurance is highly recommended by us. By organizing relevant insurance cover, you acknowledge and accept sole responsibility to ensure that your goods are adequately insured for loading, unloading, and transportation. Insurance can be obtained by contacting your current insurance provider or Removals Insurance Australia, our trusted insurance brokers who can arrange insurance for your goods in transit.
- Although we will take all the necessary care to ensure that your goods arrive safely, there may be circumstances where we are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage to your goods that occur during a move.
We will not be liable for loss of or damage to your Consignment as a result of a Plaza Removals event (such as a fire or explosion howsoever that fire or explosion was caused, war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, terrorism, rebellion, and the military coup, Act of God, industrial action or other such events outside our reasonable control). Unless insured by you, articles packed and unpacked by our employees or our agents or subcontractors are stored or transported at the owner’s risk. This exclusion would cover, to avoid doubt, goods in wardrobe, draws, appliances or in a package, bundles, cartons, cases, or other containers, and china, glass, etc.
DAMAGE TO PREMISES OR PROPERTY OTHER THAN THE CONSIGNMENT
If we cause loss or damage to premises or property other than the Consignment due to our negligence or breach of contract, our liability shall be limited to making good the damaged area only. If we cause damage due to moving goods under your express instruction, against our advice, we shall not be liable for any damage that results. If we are responsible for causing damage to your premises or property other than the Consignment, you must note this on the worksheet or delivery receipt and notify us as soon as possible or within a reasonable time.
YOUR FORWARDING ADDRESS
You must provide an address for correspondence and notify us if it changes. All correspondence and notices will be considered to have been received by you seven days after sending it to your last address recorded by us.If you do not provide an address or respond to our correspondence or notices, we may publish such notices in a public newspaper in the area where the goods were removed. Such notice will be considered to have been received by you seven days after the newspaper’s publication date. If we are unable to contact you, we will charge you any costs incurred in establishing your whereabouts